Charlie's owner 'shocked' by his electric appetite

Charlie looking at his next lunch in the PDSA vet surgery in Southampton
Charlie looking at his next lunch in the PDSA vet surgery in Southampton Credit: PDSA

Charlie's owner Sharon Fay has spoken of her surprise that her dog decided to eat shoe laces and Christmas lights.

She said "I re-homed Charlie about a year ago, so I don’t know whether he used to do this type of thingwhen he was a puppy."

"Back in March he ate one of my scarves and needed an operation to remove it, but I thought it was just a one off incident as he hadn’t shown any signs that he was going to be a repeat offender!"

"I’ve had dogs all my life and have never known a dog act like this before - I’ll certainly be keeping an extra close eye on him from now on and have Charlie-proofed my house now!”

Advertisement

Dog swallows Christmas lights

A seven-year-old dog is recovering from emergency surgery at home in Southampton after he swallowed Christmas lights.