After Charlie the staffie cross swallowed more than a foot of christmas lights the PDSA has released a list of the top five most dangerous Christmas hazards for pets.
-Swallowing foreign bodies such as toys and decorations.
-Accidental poisoning through chocolate, raisins, artificial sweeteners, peanuts and other nuts, and batteries.
-Gastric torsion – twisted stomach often caused by vigorous exercise after a large meal.
-Hypothermia – low body temperature from exposure to cold weather.
-Accidental injury – pulling over the Christmas tree, slipping on ice, chewing on electric cables, treading on broken baubles.
More top news
One of the stars of hit ITV show Downton Abbey has joked about following in the footsteps of British soaps and doing a live TV episode.
Europe's first ever litter of the world's rarest breed of dog has been welcomed into the world by a dog lover in Brighton.
Parking attendants in Basingstoke are being given new powers to crack down on disabled blue badge parking fraud.