A 61-year-old man was rescued by Hampshire fire crews from a fire at a house in Southampton this afternoon. Crews used breathing apparatus to enter the building in Portswood and helped the man to escape a severe fire in the first-floor bedroom. He was treated for smoke inhalation and burns.
More top news
Rogue landlords are making life unbearable for tens of thousands of tenants in England, according to Shelter.
Wednesday's weather for the west of the region
Wednesday's weather for the east of the region