Station Manager Paul Bremble said: “ The owners were very lucky to escape, had this happened at night there would have been the potential for the fire to go unnoticed for some time.
"The owners did have working smoke detectors which would help in any fire situation. Oxfordshire County Council Fire and Rescue Service believe that the fire was caused by a fault with the electric fitting in the house”
More top news
Sunny this evening, then dry overnight. There is the risk of thundery showers for Kent tomorrow morning, then sunny spells by the afternoon
Sunshine to end the day then dry tonight. Tomorrow will be mostly dry and feeling fresher with the risk of a heavy shower in the afternoon
The video, obtained by ITV News, shows scores of migrants desperately trying to board lorries in a restricted area within the tunnel.