Kent Police have worked through the night to help stranded motorists on the county's roads and warned that drivers still have difficult journeys this morning.
Snow and ice brought problems across the county last night, but particularly in the Dover and Folkestone area, where gritting lorries and snow ploughs fought to keep the roads open.
- The A2 is closed coastbound at Barham between Canterbury and Dover because of drifting snow
- The M20 is passable coastbound at junticon 11a after a coach collided with the central reservation
- The Channel Tunnel was closed at 9pm on Monday because of technical issues but was reopened at 3am but has caused queuing traffic on M20 back to junction 10 at Ashford
- The London-bound M20 is running normally
- A lorry has jackknifed on the A256 near Dover blocking both carriageways between the A2 roundabout and the junction with the Sandwich Road in Whitfield.
More top news
"Neither of us thought we would marry again but we are so happy", said Ted Wright, 90, as he married 81-year-old Joan Grant.
The Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson floated the idea of a cross-Channel bridge between during talks between the UK and France on Thursday.
The RSPCA are trying to track down those responsible after one of the puppies died in the freezing temperatures.