A house fire in the Copthorne area of Crawley which killed two people is believed to have been started by cigarettes.
The fire early on Saturday Morning claimed the lives of an 83 year old woman and her 52 year old son.
Deputy Safer Communities Manager for West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service, Adrian Carter, said: "This is a tragic accident that has sadly taken the lives of two people from the same family but it highlights the real dangers that can be caused as a result of cigarettes and smoking.
"Smoking related fires are still the biggest killers in accidental fires in the home resulting in a third of all fire related deaths."
More top news
"Calls and emails are coming in all the time" from players who say they had been forced to sign non-disclosure agreements, it is claimed.
Transport Secretary Chris Grayling believes Network Rail should share the responsibility with private train operating companies.
Commuters are facing a miserable journey this morning as a three-day strike begins in protest over driver only trains.