Hampshire Fire and Rescue service has praised students for responding so quickly to alarms, after a fire broke out on the 12th floor of an apartment block.
A significant fire had broken out in the kitchen of the flat and on discovering there was a person unaccounted for we quickly carried out a search operation to locate and lead the casualty to safety. Our positive and prompt firefighting action then stopped the fire spreading beyond the kitchen.
More top news
Tesco has revealed a list of stores set to close, with hundreds of jobs at risk.
A buggy listed for sale by a father who said it signified the end of his 'happy carefree low-cost child-free life' has sold for £325.
The late Bernard Jordan, who 'escaped' from his care home to travel to the D-Day commemorations, has left his entire estate to the RNLI.