A man received burns during a chemical incident in Oxford.
Fire crews were called to Ivy Flats accommodation block in Oxford yesterday afternoon.
When they arrived they were told that a maintenance worker had received burns and had experienced breathing problems.
This had happened after he had poured a mixture of chemicals down the sink, in the aim of unblocking it.
However he was unaware that the previous evening that another resident had also poured chemicals down the sink and the mixture was now dangerous.
Four firefighters in breathing apparatus and gas tight suits entered the flat and were able to identify the three household substances that had been put into the sink.
By combining these three regular products a small quantity of chlorine gas had been created.
More top news
Weight of people trying to sign caused government petition to website to crash as Europhiles try to force a rerun of the EU vote.
The full list of referendum results for South East. Overall the area voted 55.4% in favour of 'Leave'.
Full list of referendum results for South of the Meridian region. Overall the area voted 52.9% in favour of 'Leave'.