During the chemical incident in Oxford the firefighters were decontaminated and subsequent crews were sent in wearing in breathing apparatus to contain and remove the mixture before it was disposed of safely.
Oxfordshire fire and rescue service said the incident serves as a timely reminder that all packaging on household products should be read before they are used.
It added that no mixing of chemicals, particularly bleaches and “un-blockers”, should ever take place as potentially toxic and corrosive mixtures can be created.
More top news
Dry with clear spells overnight. Dry and breezy with sunny spells for much of tomorrow. Rain arriving later. Becoming humid from Monday.
Showers fading away with clear spells overnight. Dry with sunny spells for much of tomorrow with rain arriving later. Becoming humid later.
Feeling warm in this afternoon's sunshine. Breezy at times with the risk of an isolated shower.