A bin strike which led to rubbish bags piling up on the streets of Brighton has been suspended.
Hundreds of members of the GMB union at Brighton and Hove council walked out last week in a row over pay, but a new offer is now being put to workers.
The GMB said industrial action had been suspended for 28 days so workers could be consulted on a new offer.
Mark Turner, the GMB's branch secretary, said:
"We have made significant progress over recent days. The proposal significantly reduces or in some cases eliminates the losses for individual staff members which arose under the previous offer, although there are still some areas that must be addressed."
More top news
Wednesday morning's weather for the west of the region
Wednesday morning's weather for the east of the region
Simon's Blog - Windy Weather Photos