This weekend will bring the hottest day of the year so far, with temperatures set to reach a sizzling 31C (87.8F) tomorrow, weather experts have predicted.
The NHS have issued some advice on how to stay cool and safe this weekend.
- Don't go outside between 11am and 3pm as this is the hottest part of the day
- Spend time in the shade and avoid strenuous activity
- Help others: check up on neighbours, relatives and friends who may be less able to look after themselves
- Drink water or fruit juice regularly
- Avoid tea, coffee and alcohol, and if you do drink alcohol make sure you have lots of water or other non-alcoholic drinks as well
- Keep rooms cool by using shade or reflective material external to the glass, or by closing light-coloured curtains
- People with heart problems, breathing difficulties or serious illnesses may find their symptoms become worse in hot weather, make sure you have enough medicines in stock
More details can be found on the NHS Choices website.
More top news
Holly has the early forecast for the east of the region.
Holly has the forecast for the west of the region.
More than 100 firefighters are tackling thatch fire at a Hampshire hotel.