A house in Wiltshire suffered extensive damage to its roof in a fire on 22nd July 2013. Six fire appliances, a hydraulic platform and other support vehicles from Wiltshire Fire & rescue Service attended. The house in Stonehenge Road, Durrington was not occupied.
Initial investigations suggest the fire started when lightning struck the television aerial pole. Fire crews wearing breathing apparatus entered the property and also worked form ladders using hose reels to put out the flames. Damage was also reported electrical equipment in neighbouring houses.
The Met Office have issued a weather warning for thunderstorms in the southwest of England today.
More top news
Tuesday night's weather for the west of the region
Tuesday night's weather for the east of the region
Sutton United substitute goalkeeper Wayne Shaw has offered his resignation after eating a pie during a match.