A teenager who took a 'legal high' drug bought via the internet has died at Southampton General Hospital. The 18-year-old's mother phoned an ambulance after finding him in his bedroom on Wednesday 14th August.
He said he had taken Alpha Methyltryptamine (AMT) which had been ordered from Holland.
Police have issued a warning about the use of so-called 'legal highs'.
Just because something is not illegal does not make it safe. Unfortunately, it appears that anyone can call anything a ‘legal high’ and sell it as ‘safe’. It only becomes clear it is not safe when someone becomes severely harmed by taking it and subsequent investigations reveal substances within the compound can be lethal."
More top news
This month marks the 20th anniversary of eBay. The US-based online auction site has transformed buying & selling for millions of people.
A Hampshire-based scientist has taken what may be the first photograph of a Blue Whale spotted in UK waters.
A slice of the Queen and Prince Philip's wedding cake has sold for £500 at auction in Sussex, 68 years after the Royal couple got married