The number of people who do not own a car in the South East has increased by 4% according to a report by the British Car Auction.
In 2012, the figure was 26% of people, this year it is 30%.
The report in brief:
- 72% of families own at least one car
- There has been a 1% increase in two car families year on year
- Two car ownership in the North has increased to 29% from 16% in 2012
- Families with three cars or more has risen to 10% from 3% in the South West
- 14% say they will certainly or quite likely buy a car in the next year compared to 11% in 2012
More top news
Cloud and rain first thing but it will gradually dry up from the north west. Becoming bright in the west, staying quite cloudy in the east
Rain becoming more persistent overnight. Rain and cloud slow to clear tomorrow but becoming dry by the afternoon. Some brightness later
Rain becoming more persistent overnight. The rain gradually clearing tomorrow morning then sunny spells for the afternoon, feeling cooler