The number of people who do not own a car in the South East has increased by 4% according to a report by the British Car Auction.
In 2012, the figure was 26% of people, this year it is 30%.
The report in brief:
- 72% of families own at least one car
- There has been a 1% increase in two car families year on year
- Two car ownership in the North has increased to 29% from 16% in 2012
- Families with three cars or more has risen to 10% from 3% in the South West
- 14% say they will certainly or quite likely buy a car in the next year compared to 11% in 2012
More top news
Wednesday's forecast for the weather overnight
Students are awaiting their A level results - but many already know their university place is guaranteed regardless of their grades.
Detectives investigating the murder of Lucy McHugh say they believe she knew her killer - and that her murder was probably pre-planned.