The number of people who do not own a car in the South East has increased by 4% according to a report by the British Car Auction.
In 2012, the figure was 26% of people, this year it is 30%.
The report in brief:
- 72% of families own at least one car
- There has been a 1% increase in two car families year on year
- Two car ownership in the North has increased to 29% from 16% in 2012
- Families with three cars or more has risen to 10% from 3% in the South West
- 14% say they will certainly or quite likely buy a car in the next year compared to 11% in 2012
More top news
The brother of a drug-driver who was filmed speeding to his death has told ITV News how careless driving has torn his family apart.
Council leader defends decision to refuse asylum seekers in Portsmouth. It claims the city does not have the capacity to take any more.
Tuesday's weather forecast for the East of the region