The Christmas Safety campaign focuses on preventing crime with advice on how to keep your valuables, homes and vehicles safe.
Wiltshire Police say the festive season is particularly tempting for criminals as they expect to find gifts in people’s homes and cars.
They say it is important to ensure that your house is secure and that you take precautions to stop criminals who will have no thought about taking your carefully chosen gifts for loved ones.
- When out shopping, keep your purse and handbag near you
- Don’t leave Christmas presents or other valuables in your car.
- Keep valuable items out of view and reach of windows and doors
- Take photos of all jewellery including hallmarks and keep them safe.
- Make a list of the serial number of your electronic items and keep it safe
- Make sure you have up-to-date contents insurance
More top news
Helicopter video shows the scale of tributes left on Shoreham's 'bridge of flowers' for the 11 victims of the airshow disaster
Rebekah Brooks has been appointed Chief Executive Officer of News UK, News Corp have announced.
A man has 'potentially life-changing injuries' after acid was thrown over him after a screening of the movie Straight Outta Compton.