The Christmas Safety campaign focuses on preventing crime with advice on how to keep your valuables, homes and vehicles safe.
Wiltshire Police say the festive season is particularly tempting for criminals as they expect to find gifts in people’s homes and cars.
They say it is important to ensure that your house is secure and that you take precautions to stop criminals who will have no thought about taking your carefully chosen gifts for loved ones.
- When out shopping, keep your purse and handbag near you
- Don’t leave Christmas presents or other valuables in your car.
- Keep valuable items out of view and reach of windows and doors
- Take photos of all jewellery including hallmarks and keep them safe.
- Make a list of the serial number of your electronic items and keep it safe
- Make sure you have up-to-date contents insurance
More top news
It's looking warm! Holly has the details.
Abby King has seen life-changing results after undergoing weight loss surgery in 2016. Her surgeon says many more people could benefit.
Progress has been made in talks under the chairmanship of the conciliation service Acas.