A number of residents living around Oxford have been warned that their properties may be in danger of flooding in the next 24 hours.
Despite the flood defences that have been put in place, the following roads may see water levels continue to rise:
- Weirs Road
- Fox Crescent
- Canning Crescent
- Peel Place
- Chatham Road
Oxford City Council and Oxfordshire County Council are working hard to reduce the risk of flooding. They advise that:
- People move any valuable belongings off the ground floor and consider what to do with cars if they are not in use- bear in mind that the emergency services may need access.
- Contact friends and family now to make arrangements in case you need to vacate homes for at least a few days.
- Pack things that are needed for a few days- don't forget medicines and other essentials.
- If you can, protect doorways and put down toilet bungs for ground floor lavatories.
- If you leave, switch off electricity and gas.
- Keep up to date with the latest information on the radio.
For the latest information from Oxford City Council, click here.
More top news
Philippa has the latest weather for the east
Philippa has the latest weather for the west
The family of Julian Cadman have released a statement following the confirmation of his death in the Barcelona terrorist attack