Four fire engines were called to Park Wood Road in Canterbury shortly before 4am after an extractor fan caught alight in a first floor bathroom.
Canterbury Watch Manager Mark Jones, who attended the incident, said: “I would like to highlight the planning shown by the University as all the students and staff knew exactly what to do once the fire was detected."
More top news
Families across the South East are still anxiously waiting for news of their loved ones in Nepal.
Tuesday night's weather for the east of the region
Tuesday night's weather for the west of the region