The county council say it has so far:
· Taken more than 3,500 highways calls, with fire crews receiving another 2,000
· Responded to around 315 instances of flooding affecting roads
· Carried out over 70 safety inspections to bridges and embankments
· Cleared 850 fallen trees
· Dealt with nearly 350 other incidents
· Supported vulnerable people through regular contact and home visits.
More top news
Several parked cars were crushed by a tree which came down in high winds in Southampton.
Thursday afternoon's weather for the east of the region
Thursday afternoon's weather for the west of the region