A security company have been fined for safety failings as a security guard was killed by carbon monoxide fumes from a petrol generator, whilst watching over a disused nursing home in Gravesend.
Security guard Arthur Ebirim, from Peckham, was overcome by the fumes as he kept watch over-night at an empty nursing home in Taunton Vale in October 2011.
The employers, Anchor Services (GB) Limited was prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive yesterday after an investigation found serious flaws with how the generator was used.
The generator belonged to one of the workers and was also placed inside the lobby to provide power.
Anchor Services was fined £20,000 and was ordered to pay a further £35,656 in costs.
More top news
Legoland Resort in Windsor has installed a special scene in their park in honour of Prince William and Kate's new arrival.
Len and Val Fitzgerald are retired and their lender Santander says their mortgage extension would run past its maximum age of 75.
Peak pollution levels outside some of our city schools are more than 7 times higher than others. ITV Meridian investigation.