Police have charged three people following the execution of a drugs warrant in Basingstoke. The warrant was carried out on Wednesday, March 6 at a property on Abbey Road in Popley.
Joshua Taylor, 23, and Jessica Thomas, 24, both from Abbey Road in Basingstoke and Luke Woolford, 29, of no fixed abode have been charged with being concerned in the supply of a Class A drug and possession with intent to supply a Class A drug.
The charges follow an investigation into the supply of illegal drugs as part of the Operation Fortress campaign. Officers are keen to hear from anyone who is concerned about illegal drugs or drug-related crime in their neighbourhood. The things to look out for are as follows:
- A sudden increase in visitors to a house or flat and people only staying for a very short time
- Short exchanges between small groups of people at or close to a flat or house
- Residents leaving a flat or house on numerous occasions throughout the day and returning a short time later
- People loitering in an area and using their mobile phones frequently
- New-looking or hire cars parked outside a house or flat that wouldn’t normally be there, and being driven by somebody that you wouldn’t normally associate with driving that style of car.