An 18-year boy from Brighton has been killed in Syria.
Abdullah Deghayes died earlier this month, although the circumstances of his death are not clear.
The family of Abdullah confirmed his death and said they did not know he had travelled to the country.
A spokesperson for the Foreign Office said, "We are aware of the death of a British national and are urgently looking in to it."
A spokesperson for Sussex Police said, "On Monday 14th April, we received information that an 18-year-old Brighton man had been killed in Syria in recent weeks.
"The circumstances of this reported death remain unclear and we are in contact with the family."
More top news
Wednesday morning's weather for the east of the region
Wednesday morning's weather for the west of the region
Tuesday night's weather for the east of the region