A man from Andover had to be rescued after he left the oven on after cooking pizza.
The man fell unconscious after he put his food in the oven and fell asleep at his home on Saturday 26th April.
Smoke originally went undetected as the batteries had been removed from the downstairs smoke alarm.
Luckily, the upstairs alarm was activated and a neighbour raised the alarm.
The man was then carried unconscious from the house and was treated for smoke inhalation but did not require hospital treatment.
Cooking after a night out, especially if alcohol has been involved, is usually a bad idea. You're far more likely to fall asleep, leaving the the cooking to burn. In this incident, the problem was compounded by the fact the batteries had been removed from the smoke alarm downstairs. This is clearly a very dangerous thing to do and in this case the presence of a second smoke alarm upstairs proved to be a potential lifesaver."
More top news
A pedestrian has died after being involved in a collision with a purple Ford Fiesta in Kent. The man, aged in his 40s, died at the scene.
A 21 year old man has been arrested after nearly 300 cannabis plants were discovered at a house in Gillingham in Kent.
Hundreds of volunteers have joined a search looking for missing teenager Gaia Pope.