A Southsea resident got the shock of her life when she found a snake in her kitchen cupboard which she safely moved - only to find the snake back in her home within a week.
Kayleigh Neal, 27, from Southsea, and her brother Will who share the flat have now decided to keep the snake as pet.
Kayleigh said: "At first when I saw the snake I was completely in shock and jumped to the other side of the room. I was panicking and quite animated which I think scared the snake as it started moving. I immediately took a photo as then I thought people could identify if it was dangerous or not."
Kayleigh decided to call the RSPCA and contact her friend who was a police officer and managed to safely take the snake away.
However, less than a week later, the snake had returned to the same cupboard.
The siblings live in a flat on the ground floor and think the snake may have been sealed in when the building was converted from a pub a year ago.
Despite the initial shock at seeing the reptile in her kitchen, Kayleigh has decided to keep the snake as a pet.
She said: "I find it funny he obviously wants to live with us. I feel like I've bonded with him over this experience which is funny."