All Saints Primary School acting headteacher Jacqui Kearney said: “This morning was the first time we have used the pool this summer, and unfortunately four children reacted to chemicals in the water.
“We acted promptly to ensure their safety and well-being. Four children were taken to hospital as a precautionary measure and three of them have since been discharged. All other children appear to be unaffected.
“The swimming pool is now closed and it will be inspected tomorrow to establish what caused today’s issue.
"We are writing to parents today to inform them and remind them, as always, the safety and well- being of all the children at our school is our highest priority.”
More top news
Two men have appeared in court after Border Force officers seized cocaine worth more than £56 million from a yacht at Dover.
A professional diver has been jailed for two years for taking a haul of historic canons from a sunken warship.
The former head of security for Rebekah Brooks has said that he will release details that will "shock everybody" about News International.