1. Meridian

Concerns over fire risk to 330,000 dishwashers

A family from Oxfordshire have been sharing their story of how a smoke alarm saved their lives after their dishwasher caught alight, destroying their home.

View all 4 updates ›

Family left homeless after dishwasher fire

A family from Oxfordshire have been sharing their story of how a smoke alarm saved their lives after their dishwasher caught alight, destroying their home.

The Pipers from Bicester are now homeless after smoke and soot made their house uninhabitable. However they're grateful that they managed to escape the building after alarms woke them up.

ITV Meridian spoke to Tim Piper.

More on this story