Vets are reissuing their warning that pets can struggle as the temperature rises. To keep your animal happy in the sunshine, they're advising us to:
- Make sure they always have adequate water to drink.
- Don’t leave dogs in vehicles.
- Provide adequate ventilation at all times.
- Avoid exercising dogs in the heat of the day.
- Provide shade from the sun in the hottest part of the day.
- Watch out for early signs of heatstroke, such as heavy panting.
- Contact a vet immediately if the animal does not respond to efforts to cool it down.
More top news
Paddington station had to be evacuated due to a fire alert this morning, causing disruption for passengers
The RAF and Royal Navy were tasked with a 2,000-mile round trip to rescue a British cruise passenger bitten on the arm by a seal
Philippa has the weekend weather outlook for the east