Vets are reissuing their warning that pets can struggle as the temperature rises. To keep your animal happy in the sunshine, they're advising us to:
- Make sure they always have adequate water to drink.
- Don’t leave dogs in vehicles.
- Provide adequate ventilation at all times.
- Avoid exercising dogs in the heat of the day.
- Provide shade from the sun in the hottest part of the day.
- Watch out for early signs of heatstroke, such as heavy panting.
- Contact a vet immediately if the animal does not respond to efforts to cool it down.
More top news
A lorry driver who crashed into a bridge on the M20 in Kent - injuring a motorcyclist - has been spared jail.
A £25 billion gap in the Defence budget could mean further cuts to Navy personnel and ships, despite previous praise from the Government.
Thursday's evening forecast for the West of the region