Vets are reissuing their warning that pets can struggle as the temperature rises. To keep your animal happy in the sunshine, they're advising us to:
- Make sure they always have adequate water to drink.
- Don’t leave dogs in vehicles.
- Provide adequate ventilation at all times.
- Avoid exercising dogs in the heat of the day.
- Provide shade from the sun in the hottest part of the day.
- Watch out for early signs of heatstroke, such as heavy panting.
- Contact a vet immediately if the animal does not respond to efforts to cool it down.
More top news
Amanda Houston has the latest forecast for the east of the ITV Meridian region
The brother of a Kent sailor killed during the Clipper Round the World yacht race says being aboard his boat will be emotional.
Wednesday afternoon's weather for the east of the region