Vets are reissuing their warning that pets can struggle as the temperature rises. To keep your animal happy in the sunshine, they're advising us to:
- Make sure they always have adequate water to drink.
- Don’t leave dogs in vehicles.
- Provide adequate ventilation at all times.
- Avoid exercising dogs in the heat of the day.
- Provide shade from the sun in the hottest part of the day.
- Watch out for early signs of heatstroke, such as heavy panting.
- Contact a vet immediately if the animal does not respond to efforts to cool it down.
More top news
The schools attended by two teenagers killed with their parents when their seaplane crashed in Canada have paid tribute to the pair.
Manali has the latest weather forecast for the west of the Meridian region.
The latest weather forecast for the east of the Meridian region from Manali.