Vets are reissuing their warning that pets can struggle as the temperature rises. To keep your animal happy in the sunshine, they're advising us to:
- Make sure they always have adequate water to drink.
- Don’t leave dogs in vehicles.
- Provide adequate ventilation at all times.
- Avoid exercising dogs in the heat of the day.
- Provide shade from the sun in the hottest part of the day.
- Watch out for early signs of heatstroke, such as heavy panting.
- Contact a vet immediately if the animal does not respond to efforts to cool it down.
More top news
Organisations are calling for the release of Chinese sky lanterns to be banned due to the risk they pose to wildlife and habitats.
Two kittens are looking for a new home after being dumped in a Hampshire car park.
Backbencher Mark Reckless has become the second Tory MP in a month to defect to Ukip and trigger a by-election by quitting parliament.