An Eastbourne resident has launched a crowd funding appeal to help the traders and businesses affected by the fire on the pier.
The money will go towards the Eastbourne Pier Benevolent Fund which will create pop up shops to help keep traders afloat while it's rebuilt.
The benevolent fund has been organised by the Chamber of Commerce, the Eastbourne Hospitality Association, Eastbourne Borough Council and Eastbourne MP Stephen Lloyd.
Mr Lloyd said: "This is a disaster for us. It is a lovely pier. It was built in 1870. It's heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking."
But he said two thirds of the pier remained intact and the structure could be repaired.
The crowd funding appeal has been launched by resident Bruce Salter.
Mr Salter, who has lived in the area for 15 years, described the pier as an "iconic" structure.
The fire broke out on Wednesday behind wood panelling in the arcade building.
Eastbourne Borough Council leader David Tutt has said he understood the fire had been started by an electrical fault, but fire crews have said the cause is unexplained and an investigation will take a number of days.
No-one was injured and the fire is not being treated as suspicious
More top news
Holly has all the latest for the rest of today and the Bank Holiday weekend.
More than 35 firefighters are tackling a fire involving more than 7,000 tonnes of scrap metal at the docks in Hampshire.
The Maltings shopping centre was closed to the public after a small amount of the Novichok substance was found in the area.