Except for one stint in the 1980s - the Thurrock seat in south Essex had been a Labour stronghold.
But at the last election the race was so tight - two recounts were ordered. Conservative Jackie Doyle-Price just scraped in with a majority of 92 votes which is the fifth smallest majority in the UK. The turnout was just under 60 per cent.
In this report, our reporter Nashreen Issa speaks to Tyrrells Hall club members and Mike Umoren from TRUST.
There are seven candidates standing in the constituency of Thurrock:
- Tim Aker (UKIP)
- Jamie Barnes (Cannabis is Safer than Alcohol)
- Polly Billington (Labour)
- Jackie Doyle-Price (Conservative)
- Rhodri Jamieson-Ball (Liberal Democrat)
- Aba Kristilolu (All People's Party)
- Daniel Munyambu (Independent)
Dan Ware, whose house caused a storm last year when it was posted on Twitter, says the Tories "care more about hardworking Brits"
School and college students from Canterbury have taken part in an ITV News Schools Election Debate.