Festive shoppers will soon pay a reduced rate of £1 for all-day parking in a town centre.
In the run up to Christmas, every Saturday from 5 December, Mid Sussex District Council will cut the cost of parking in their long-stay car parks:
- Queens Crescent car park, Burgess Hill
- Station Road car park, Burgess Hill
- The Vicarage car park, East Grinstead
- Norton House car park, East Grinstead
- Franklynn Road car park, Haywards Heath
Parking in Mid Sussex is already free on Sundays and the council hopes the reduced cost parking on Saturdays will encourage more people to shop locally and attract shoppers from other areas.