The Environment Agency has put a flood alert in place for Christchurch Harbour.
It remain in force for two hours following the time of high tide.
The forecast wind direction is West South Westerly with wind strength is Force 8.
The Government has issued this advice for those at risk of flooding:
- Sign up for free flood warnings and create a personal flood plan.2. Try to avoid contact with flood water.
- Do not drive through flood water and do not let children play in flood water.
- Feeling distressed after a flood is normal.Support from family and friends is important during the recovery process.
- Do not use petrol or diesel generators indoors to dry out your home. The exhaust gases contain carbon monoxide, which can kill.
- When cleaning up after a flood, wear rubber gloves, boots and eye protection, and wash hands afterwards.
More top news
Philippa has the latest weather for the east
Philippa has the latest weather for the west
Residents of Shoreham are being asked to place silhouettes in their windows to commemorate the centenary of the First World War.