A Bristol youth club has been saved from closure after it sold an artwork donated by Banksy for more than £400,000.
After 35 years away, Kate Bush's first night back on stage was described as one of the most ambitious in pop history.
Breaking Bad and Sherlock were the biggest winners at the 2014 Emmy Awards - the US television equivalent of the Oscars.
Fans of Kate Bush have mostly shown their appreciation, after the singer asked people not to film or take photos ahead her comeback performances.
The concerts mark the singer's return to the stage more than three decades after her one and only tour.
@itvnews A big ask but...KB fans have sensitivity...What a powerful coup if it is heeded
So pleased #KateBush asked fans not to film her upcoming gigs on their mobiles/tablets. Drives me nuts!
Singer Kate Bush is to return to the stage tonight after 35 years, only to request that fans refrain from taking photos or filming during shows.
The star will perform live to kick off a 22-show run at the Hammersmith Apollo in west London - the same venue where she effectively retired from live performances after six weeks on the road in 1979.
Tickets for the 56-year-old's comeback gigs sold out in less than 15 minutes after they were announced in March. In a statement on her website, the singer said:
– Kate Bush
It would mean a great deal to me if you would please refrain from taking photos or filming during the shows. I very much want to have contact with you as an audience, not with iphones, ipads or cameras.
I know it's a lot to ask but it would allow us to all share in the experience together.
X Factor viewers will be able to vote for free for the first time in the latest series.
An app will allow fans to back their favourite acts once the show, which returns this weekend, reaches the live shows stage.
Those with tablets and smartphones running Apple's iOS and Google's Android software can download the free app.
Viewers will be able to cast up to five votes whenever the polls are open and they can back one contestant or a combination.
It is the first time voting for contestants has been available free of charge since the ITV show arrived in 2004.
Returning X Factor judge Cheryl Fernandez-Versini says her return depended on "a lot of begging and grovelling" from Simon Cowell and has promised to "get my own back" after being axed from the US version of the show in 2011.
The newly-married star has previously described Cowell as her "frenemy", but now likened him to an "annoying brother".
– Cheryl Fernandez-Versini
Simon has his very own way of being very annoying. He knows which buttons to push and he'll push them, and push them, and push them. But I play the long game. I'm waiting. Don't worry about me, I'll get my own back.
She added that it "felt like the right time to come back" and added: "I'd had enough time away to appreciate it and get really excited to find new talent again."
Cowell and Fernandez-Versini will be reunited alongside fellow judges Louis Walsh and former Spice Girl Melanie Brown when the series resumes on ITV on Saturday night.
EastEnders bad boy Jake Wood is preparing to strut his stuff on the Strictly Come Dancing dance floor.
Wood plays womaniser Max Branning in the BBC soap opera, but away from Albert Square he is a father-of-two who enjoys rock-climbing, running, cycling and boxing.
He said: "I'm doing it for all the dads out there and you never know, there's always a chance of being the first Walford resident to take home the glitter ball... Bring it on!"
He will be up against Towie star Mark Wright, singers Simon Webbe and Frankie Bridge and former rugby player Thom Evans among others.
Actress Sunetra Sarker has signed up to appear on Strictly Come Dancing.
Sarker, who has played Dr Zoe Hanna in the BBC One medical drama Casualty since 2007, is the seventh contestant to be confirmed for this year's line-up.
On taking part in the ballroom talent show, she said: "I don't quite know what I've let myself in for... I'm in total denial! But the chance to swap my stethoscope for sequins was just too tempting. I am very excited to be part of the Strictly team."
She will be joining Mark Wright, who shot to fame on reality show The Only Way Is Essex, singers Simon Webbe and Frankie Bridge, former rugby player Thom Evans, presenter Alison Hammond, tennis matriarch Judy Murray and eight other celebrities as they compete for the glitter ball trophy.
The BBC are in talks to run a TV drama about the hoax kidnap of schoolgirl Shannon Matthews, whose mother was jailed for what the judge described as a "truly despicable" plot.
Writer Jeff Pope, who was behind hit blockbuster Philomena, told the Guardian that award-winning actress Sheridan Smith is set to play the role of Shannon's mother Karen.
Shannon was nine when she disappeared from her home in Dewsbury Moor, West Yorkshire, in February 2008, sparking a massive police investigation.
But she was discovered 24 days later at the home of her stepfather's uncle, Michael Donovan, less than a mile away, where she had been imprisoned as part of a plan he and Matthews hatched to claim a £50,000 reward offered by a national newspaper.
Matthews and Donovan were both jailed for eight years but were released after serving half their sentence.
Hollywood actress Dame Helen Mirren has revealed she was stopped from playing her latest role in French because American audiences do not like subtitles.
In comedy-drama The Hundred-Foot Journey she plays Madame Mallory, the proprietor of a Michelin-starred restaurant in a small French town who clashes with a displaced Indian family when they open a curry house nearby.
"I was hoping I was going to be able to do my part in French. I've always had a secret desire to be a French actress," the Oscar-winner told the Telegraph Magazine.
But she was not allowed to go ahead with the idea because of the anticipated reaction in the US.
She revealed: "When it came to it, they said 'Oh no, that won't do. You can't play it in French. The Americans won't understand it and they don't like subtitles.' Which was sad for me."
Strictly Come Dancing bosses hope former TOWIE star Mark Wright will bring some Essex-appeal to the show as he becomes the sixth celebrity contestant to be unveiled.
"Doing Strictly is going to be so completely different from anything I've done before," Wright said.
"I'm the sort of guy who loves to bust out some moves at a party but I'm certainly not a natural dancer," the I'm A Celebrity runner-up said.
"Any of my friends would tell you that - they call me 'Markey no-moves'! I'm genuinely petrified about dancing on national telly but Strictly is such an amazing show to be a part of and I can't wait to get stuck in and give it my all."