US security officials are investigating online threats against movie fans who go to see new film The Interview.
Warnings apparently from a hacking group which has released a string of internal e-mails from Sony promised a "bitter fate" for people headed in to see the film, which stars James Franco and Seth Rogen.
The Department for Homeland Security said it was still analysing the threats, but said there was "no credible intelligence" to suggest an active plot against movie theatres in the country.
As always, DHS will continue to adjust our security posture, as appropriate, to protect the American people.
This includes continued, regular information sharing with our state, local, federal and international partners, builds on ongoing work, such as enhanced protection at federal facilities.
FBI spokeswoman Jenny Shearer confirmed the agency was also aware of the threats, and said it was investigating.
Former Sony Pictures employees have launched legal action against their previous employer, saying the company failed to protect their data.
A lawsuit was filed against Sony on Monday and follows the news of a massive cyber attack on the Hollywood film studio last month which led to hackers leaking employees private emails to the public.
A list of the top 10 best modern Christmas jokes has been released - with quips about U2, Take That and Game of Thrones topping the list.Read the full story ›
Lynda Bellingham's husband has explained how the scale of public grief for his wife caught him by surprise.Read the full story ›
Sony Pictures Entertainment is believed to have warned a number of news organisations to stop publishing information found in documents stolen by hackers.
The New York Times, The Hollywood Reporter and Variety all said they had received a letter from an attorney for Sony, demanding that they destroy any documents obtained following the hacking and cease reporting on what they contain.
According to the New York Times, the letter said Sony "does not consent to your possession, review, copying, dissemination, publication, uploading, downloading or making any use" of the documents.
Sony had comment on the reports, while a spokesman for the attorney, David Boies, confirmed he had sent a letter without discussing any of its details.
The hacked documents have caused some embarrassment for the movie studio, with co-chairman Amy Pascal forced to apologise after some outlets reported on private emails in which she made jokes based on US President Barack Obama's race.
The husband of X Factor judge Mel B has denied allegations he hit her after speculation surrounded her missing Saturday's show.Read the full story ›
2014 winner of The X Factor Ben Haenow revealed how his time in the competition helped bring his parents closer together.Read the full story ›
Ben Haenow won the X Factor final this evening with 57% of the vote, X Factor said, and has been top of the public vote every week since overtaking Andrea Faustini in week four of the competition.
Ladbrooks said his win would cost millions for bookmaking industry as he headed into tonight's final as the odd-on 8/13 favourite.
X Factor 2014 winner Ben Haenow will now release his version of OneRepublic's Something I Need.
He performed the song at the end of the 11th series of the show, and it will now be a strong contender for Christmas number one.
X Factor winner Ben Haenow has spoken of his shock after winning the show's final despite coming in to the night as underdog.
"I don't believe it. I don't believe it. Thank you so much," he said after the result was announced.
"My dream has come true. You can't imagine you are going to get to this point in the competition."