Live updates

Advertisement

Tributes to three Britons killed in Italy earthquake

Tributes have poured in for three Britons who were killed by an earthquake which devastated central Italy.

Marcos Burnett, 14, and Maria and Will Henniker-Gotley, aged 51 and 55, were killed when the 6.2-magnitude earthquake struck on Wednesday, destroying the building they were sleeping in.

ITV News Correspondent Emma Murphy reports:

Advertisement

Queen gives personal donation to help earthquake victims

The Queen has given a personal donation to help the search and rescue operation in Italy in the wake of a huge earthquake which killed at least 267 and left hundreds more badly hurt.

The Queen has given a donation to the Red Cross Credit: PA

Buckingham Palace said the unspecified amount was given to the British Red Cross, of which she is patron.

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have previously said they were "saddened to hear of the loss of life" and sent their "thoughts and prayers" to the "people of Italy, especially the family and friends of those affected".

Load more updates