Live updates

Terror attack: Charles praises 'brilliant' medical staff

Prince Charles has praised the "brilliant care and attention" from medical staff treating victims of the London Bridge terror attack.

He and the Duchess of Cornwall visited the Royal London Hospital on Tuesday, where 12 of those injured in the van and knife assault were taken on Saturday night.

The royal couple were shown around the hospital, where they paid tribute to staff.

During the visit, Charles told a group of nurses: "All of these patients are getting better because of your brilliant care and attention".

Camilla later added that the efforts of staff had showed "Britain at its best".

Advertisement

Advertisement

Prince William: Thoughts with those 'confronting grief'

Prince William speaks at an event earlier in May. Credit: PA

Prince William has said his thoughts are with those "confronting unimaginable grief" following the deaths of 22 people in the Manchester terror attack.

The Duke of Cambridge also said he was "shocked and saddened" to learn of the attack which left a further 59 people injured.

In a letter also written on behalf of his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince Harry, the 34-year-old praised the people of Manchester "for their display of strength, decency, and community", calling it "an example to the world".

The message from Prince William. Credit: Twitter/Kensington Palace
Load more updates