Tiger Woods has said he will "keep fighting" after he plunged to new depths with the worst score of his professional career in Friday's second round at the TPC Scottsdale.
The 14-times major champion was out-of-sorts in every phase of his game as he struggled to an 11-over-par score of 82 at the Phoenix Open.
Woods was competing at Scottsdale in only his second event in five months after suffering back problems for most of last year after undergoing surgery.
Jurors on the murder trial of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez can watch this weekend's Super Bowl - but must walk away if he is mentioned.
The judge at Bristol County Superior Court, Susan Garsh, told the jury they could watch the game but must take precautions to avoid being exposed to information about Hernandez. The Patriots take on the Seattle Seahawks in the showpiece event on Sunday.
Hernandez is charged over the shooting death of semi-professional football player Odin Lloyd in 2013. The trial began on Thursday with opening statements.
Twenty-five-year-old Hernandez, who caught quarterback Tom Brady's last Super Bowl touchdown pass in the Patriots' 2012 loss to the New York Giants, had a $40 million contract with the New England team when he was arrested.
Tiger Woods made his worst score as a professional golfer when he shot 82 at a US tournament on Friday,
The former world number one had a terrible day at the office during the second round of the Waste Management Phoenix Open, finishing 11 over par and missing the cut.
Woods had only failed to qualify for the final 36 holes on 12 occasions until today in 19 years as a pro golfer and it was only the second time that he failed to break 80.
Woods' previous worst effort came at the 2002 Open Championship at Muirfield when, in horrendous conditions, he shot 81 in the third round but he went one worse than that in Arizona.
The 39-year-old was playing in playing in only his second event since missing the cut at the PGA Championship in August last year.
The former Tottenham player David Ginola has ended his campaign to become president of FIFA after failing to gain the five nominations he needed.
Having not obtained required five nominations by deadline I will not be able to continue with FIFA presidential candidacy. Just as I did as a player, I gave everything until the final whistle.
Manchester United have completed the signing of defender Sadiq El Fitouri from Evo-Stik side Salford City.
The 20-year-old had previously been on the books at Manchester City, but will now join up with United' under-21 squad.
"This is honestly a dream come true for me and I have to thank Salford City for the chance, as well as the faith they have shown in me," El Fitouri explained.
"I am really looking forward to what happens next and to be given the opportunity to do so at Manchester United is unbelievable."
Bolton have signed Ben Amos on a one-month loan deal from Manchester United to cover for the injured Adam Bogdan.
Police are investigating an alleged road rage incident involving former Manchester United captain Roy Keane.
Keane, 43, is believed to have got into an altercation with a taxi driver in Altrincham town centre.
At 11.30am, police were called to Ashley Road, Altrincham, to a report that a man had behaved aggressively towards another man. An investigation is under way to establish the exact circumstances surrounding the incident.
Fiorentina coach Vincenzo Montella has confirmed that Juan Guillermo Cuadrado will not play for the Viola on Saturday.Read the full story ›
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini believes Diego Costa needs to adjust his style on the pitch.
The Chelsea striker will be banned for the Premier League champions' visit to Stamford Bridge, following his stamp on Liverpool's Emre Can.
"He is a great player, a very important player," Pellegrini explained.
"He has his character, it is not an easy character, but I hope for him that (with) this punishment - and I am not trying to take advantage for the game tomorrow - it will be a good thing for him to change in the future because he doesn't need to do it in that way because he is a very good player, a top player."
Burnley have denied that Liverpool can sign Danny Ings and immediately loan the striker back to the ClaretsRead the full story ›