Tottenham are increasingly confident of winning the race to sign Bordeaux forward Malcom this month.
The understanding is Malcom, who has already scored seven goals in Ligue 1 this term, is keen to secure a Premier League move and wants to play in the Champions League.
But a deal is being discussed that would loan the 20-year-old back to Bordeaux, who are fighting relegation and reluctant to lose a key player mid-season.
It is understood Malcom is happy to see the campaign out with his current team. Bordeaux brought the then 18-year-old to Europe from Corinthians only two years ago.
Mauricio Pochettino would also struggle to include the Brazilian in his Champions League squad, which already boasts the full allocation of non-home grown players.
Pochettino stayed tight-lipped when asked about Malcom on Friday.
"He has been linked with different clubs," Pochettino said. "I don't want to speak about players that are in other clubs."
Sanchez could feature for Arsenal against Crystal Palace, plus all the rest of this weekend's Premier League team news.Read the full story ›
Germany midfielder Leon Goretzka admits nothing he can say will ease the disappointment of the Schalke fans following his decision to join Bayern Munich in the summer.
The 22-year-old is Schalke's leading player, but has signed a four-year contract with Bayern to take effect from July 1, the Bundesliga champions announced.
Goretzka, who had been a reported target for several Premier League sides, including Liverpool, passed a medical on Thursday.
"I know that in doing this I am disappointing all of you and you will have little understanding of it," he said in a message to Schalke supporters on his Facebook page.
"Any statement I make now would not be well received by you.
"I do not want to say goodbye now because there is still the second half of the season to play.
"And anyone who knows me even a little knows that as always I will give my all. I want to take Schalke back into the Champions League and I want to win the DFB-Pokal on May 19 in Berlin."
Andy Carroll faces another lengthy spell on the sidelines after West Ham manager David Moyes confirmed he may require surgery.
Carroll, linked with a move to Chelsea during the transfer window, has been absent from West Ham's recent fixtures with an ankle issue.
The Hammers had hoped the 29-year-old, whose career has been scuppered by a host of injuries, would be missing for only a number of weeks.
But Moyes, speaking ahead of his side's Premier League clash against Bournemouth on Saturday, conceded that he could now be ruled out for months.
"We found out yesterday after Andy went for a scan and it showed up that he has got a problem," Moyes said. "We are not sure whether the ankle will need an operation or not.
"We are getting two or three specialists to look at it and then we will be able to make the correct decision. Hopefully we will know within a week."
Pep Guardiola has offered his congratulations to Manchester United as they close in on the signing of Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez.Read the full story ›
Tyson Fury's boxing licence will be reinstated if the former world heavyweight champion passes his medical.
The decision by the British Boxing Board of control will enable Fury to resume his career, edging him closer towards a domestic showdown with Anthony Joshua.
"Following (an) interview with Tyson Fury at the BBBC offices earlier today, the suspension of his boxer's licence will be lifted subject to receipt and clearance of all medical requirements," a statement read.
Walcott signed off after 12 years at Arsenal with a night-time departure carrying his belongings in bin bags but bears the club no grudges.Read the full story ›
Fernandinho has signed a two-year contract extension to commit himself to Manchester City until the summer of 2020.
The 32-year-old Brazilian was in the last six months of his previous deal but the club had long been in talks with a man who has become a key part of Pep Guardiola's midfield.
"This is a club with a fantastic future and I want to be a part of it for as long as possible," Fernandinho said on the club's official website.
"With Pep in charge, I feel sure we can win significant silverware and, importantly, we will try to do it playing attractive, attacking football.
"It's a pleasure to be a part of this club and I look forward to seeing what the next few years bring."
Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson hopes Ruben Loftus-Cheek can return from injury in time to reignite his World Cup hopes.Read the full story ›
Edmund withstood the Melbourne heatwave to battle into the fourth round of the Australian Open with a five-set win over Basilashvili.Read the full story ›