- 17 updates
The family of a teenager killed in a campsite tragedy thought to have been caused by a disposable barbecue have spoken about their "unimaginable sadness" about her death.
In a statement issues through police, relatives of Hannah Thomas-Jones described the 14-year-old's death as a tragic accident:
Gill Bremner, head of Wilmslow High School, where Hannah Thomas-Jones was a Year 9 student, said she would be "sadly missed" by pupils and teachers.
She said: "Hannah's death is a very sad loss for this school. Our sympathies go out to her family at this time after such a tragic incident."
ITV's Daybreak has been told of the 'deadly' nature of carbon monoxide fumes, thought to have killed teenager Hannah Thomas-Jones.
President of the Carbon Monoxide and Gas Safety Society, Stephanie Trotter, said there needs to be better government warnings about items like the disposable barbecue.
Tributes are being paid to the Cheshire schoolgirl who died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning during a camping trip in Shropshire. Her 11-year-old brother and parents are recovering in hospital. Here's Daybreak's Katy Fawcett.
A special assembly will be held today at the Cheshire school of the teenage girl who died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning during a camping trip in Shropshire on the weekend. Her 11-year-old brother and her parents are recovering in hospital.
Detective Inspector Gavin Kinrade of West Mercia Police said:
More than 300 people have "liked" a Facebook page set up in remembrance of Hannah Thomas-Jones and scores of people have posted messages of condolence.
Francesca McKendrick wrote:
Chloe Hay posted:
Another friend said:
This is the first picture of teenager Hannah Thomas-Jones who was killed in a campsite tragedy thought to have been caused by a disposable barbecue on Saturday.
Her teenage brother and their parents were taken to the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, where they remain.
West Mercia Police have said the boy is stable but "unwell" and the parents are comfortable.
Tributes have poured in for a teenage girl who was killed in a campsite tragedy thought to have been caused by a disposable barbecue.
Devastated friends have set up a Facebook page dedicated to the schoolgirl, named locally as Hannah Thomas-Jones
Shelby Lloyd wrote: "You are 1 in a million we wish we could change turn back time,you always cheered us up when we were sad".
Another friend wrote: "Love you Hannah, you had an amazing life and no one will ever forget you."
Hannah was pronounced dead at a Shropshire campsite after suffering a cardiac arrest at around 10am on Saturday.
Her parents and younger brother were all taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.