- 15 updates
Ministers aren't doing enough to tackle Britain's booze crisis - which causes thousands of deaths every year, according to a committee of MPs. Daybreak's Carla Eberhardt reports.
- More than 60 diseases and conditions - including heart disease, stroke, liver disease and cancer - can be directly linked to alcohol, reports the Daily Mail.
- In 2003, our death rate from chronic liver disease overtook that of France for the first time.
- Young adults who pre-load on drink at home before they go out to the pub are more likely to get involved in crime.
- The NHS now spends £3.5billion a year dealing with drink, according to the Daily Mail.
- The reports also revealed that the debilitating effects of drink cost the UK economy more than £21billion a year.
Latest ITV News reports
Ministers aren't doing enough to tackle Britain's booze crisis - which causes thousands of deaths every year, say MPs.