- 20 updates
Apple's share price was up 9.13 points (1.38%) on this morning's opening figure following the launch of the iPhone 5.
Apple revealed that the iPhone 5 is available to preorder from 14th September (this Friday) for a price beginning at £529.
We asked users of the ITV News Facebook page whether tonight's announcement would tempt them into an iPhone 5 purchase:
Apart from being the only UK handset so far to support the 4G mobile internet network, how does Apple's latest offering compare to its rivals?
- iPhone 5: 4 inches
- Samsung Galaxy S III: 4.8 inches
- Nokia Lumia 920: 4.5 inches
- iPhone 5: 8 megapixels
- Samsung Galaxy S III: 8 megapixels
- Nokia Lumia 920: 8 megapixels
- iPhone 5: 225 hours standby, 8 hours talk time
- Samsung Galaxy S III: 790 hours standby, 11 hours talk time
- Nokia Lumia 920: 300 hours standby, 10 hours talk time
Graeme Neill is deputy editor of Mobile magazine:
Apple confirms that the iPhone 5 will begin shipping on September 21st, including to customers in the UK.
Apple's iPhone 5 will use a new connector called 'Lightning', the company announced.
It's smaller than its predecessor so the new handset will not work with accessories designed for the iPhone 4S and before.
Latest ITV News reports
Apple's iPhone 5 will be the first handset in the UK to be compatible with Everything Everywhere's new 4G mobile internet network.
i-expectations are peaking, but what will the new Apple mobile actually deliver?