Mark Bridger was pictured entering Mold Crown Court today, where he pleaded not guilty to April Jones's abduction and murder.
ITV News reporter Martha Fairlie reports:
April Jones's parents Coral and Paul were both in court to listen to Mark Bridger's not guilty pleas for the five-year-old's abduction and murder.
Coral and Paul both wore pink - which was April's favourite colour.
Mark Bridger is "probably responsible" for the death of five-year-old April Jones, his barrister Brendan Kelly told Mold Crown Court.
Mark Bridger's trial for the alleged murder and abduction of April Jones is expected to begin on February 25.
Former lifeguard Mark Bridger pleaded not guilty at Mold Crown Court to the abduction and murder of five-year-old April Jones, who went missing in Wales last year.
Bridger, of Mount Pleasant farmhouse in the village of Ceinws, near Machynlleth, will stand trial later this year.
April was last seen playing out on her bike on the evening of October 1 and Bridger was arrested the following day, but the search for April's body goes on.
The five-year-old's parents Coral and Paul Jones were in the court as Bridger, 46, entered not guilty pleas.
Mountain Rescue England and Wales, who have contributed 9,250 man-hours to the search for April, are to step down their search this evening.
Simon Woodhead, from Mountain Rescue England and Wales, said:
We've now reached a point where we've exhausted the search of areas best suited to our skills given what we currently know.
"The tasks now being generated are suited more to specially trained police teams.
"As such Mountain Rescue operations will be suspended this evening."
He said Mountain Rescue workers, made up of teams that are funded by donations, would remain on hand and assist police if they need them.
A man has been charged with posting offensive comments on Facebook about missing youngster April Jones.
Matthew Wood, 20, from Eaves Lane, Chorley, Lancashire, will appear at the town's magistrates' court tomorrow morning.
He was arrested yesterday and charged under Section 127 of the Communications Act 2003 with sending by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive.
The charge comes after comments he allegedly made were posted online on his Facebook account.