- 4 updates
Ashley Cole responded to Shearer's comment at the weekend by retweeting a message which criticised him.
- The charge facing Ashley Cole needs responding to barely 24 hours before England's World Cup qualifier with San Marino
- It's not thought the charge will pose any threat to his chances of winning his 99th cap
- He reported for duty at the FA's St George's Park complex in Burton along with the rest of his team-mates this lunchtime
- The Chelsea player is accused of reacting angrily after an FA commission queried evidence he gave in defending team mate John Terry against a racism charge
- Cole faces the possibility of being fined by the FA
- He is also set to be disciplined by Chelsea for the tweet
The FA has charged Ashley Cole with misconduct after criticizing the governing body on Twitter. The England defender is accused of bringing the game into disrepute. Cole has been given until Thursday afternoon to respond to the charge.