Two men being held in connection with the attempted murder of a police officer in Northern Ireland have been released.
The pair, aged 25 and 34, were arrested on Monday after a bomb was found under a police constable's car in east Belfast.
A spokeswoman for the Police Service of Northern Ireland said today that the men had been released unconditionally.
A third man, aged 41, who was detained in west Belfast yesterday, is still in police custody.
A third person has been arrested by detectives investigating the attempted murder of a police officer in Northern Ireland.
A 41-year-old man was detained in west Belfast this evening following the arrests of two others, aged 25 and 34, in Belfast yesterday. All three remain in custody.
The Police Service of Northern Ireland constable was preparing to take his wife and two children out for Sunday lunch when he discovered a bomb under his car at his home in Upper Newtownards Road in east Belfast.
Two men have been arrested by detectives investigating the attempted murder of a police officer in Northern Ireland. The men, aged 25 and 34, were detained in Belfast after the constable discovered a bomb under his car at his home in the city yesterday.
A viable device has been discovered close to a police station in Co Armagh.
Army technical officers (ATO) examined the suspicious object in Tandragee, close to Portadown, and local residents were evacuated.
A PSNI spokeswoman said: "The security alert in Tandragee has now ended and residents have been allowed to return to their homes.
"ATO have examined a suspicious object discovered in the area close to the police station and have declared this to be a viable device."
A foiled attempt to murder a police officer in Northern Ireland was carried out by dissident republicans who could also have killed his family, police have said.
The Belfast-based Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) constable was about to take his wife and two young children out for Sunday lunch yesterday when he checked under his car outside his house in the city and discovered a viable device.
Assistant Chief Constable George Hamilton said: "If that officer had not checked under his car we would have been looking at a murder or multiple murders."
A thwarted car bomb murder bid on a policeman in Northern Ireland has been condemned as "an attack on the entire community" by Stormont's Justice Minister David Ford.
Police have blamed dissident republicans for placing the viable device under the officer's car in east Belfast. Mr Ford said:
Fortunately, due to the officer's commendable vigilance, the attempt on his life was not successful.
Let us be clear. This was an attack not only on a police officer and his family but on our whole community. The officer was serving the community; he was working for all of us.
Police have said that a device found under the car of an off-duty police officer was a "viable bomb" and was "clearly intended to kill."
The bomb has destroyed in a controlled explosion.
The device was discovered by the officer at around 2pm on Sunday. The car had been parked at his home on the Upper Newtownards Road - a busy arterial route into the city centre.
ITV News reporter Damon Green:
– Brian Rea, Policing Board chairman
I know I speak on behalf of all board members when I express my shock and disgust at what was clearly an attack on the life of a police officer.
My thoughts and prayers are with the officer and his family today as they deal with what could have been a very serious incident.
The board continues to be deeply concerned at such attacks.
I have said before, and I reconfirm, that there is no support for such actions and anyone with information should bring it to the police.