Matt Flener, a reporter for Colorado's 9 News, has tweeted a picture of the house where four people, including a gunman, died today:
A good view of town home where 4 ppl died including gunman in Aurora, Colo. this morning http://t.co/ykDf9Drc
- Police entered a residence in Aurora, Colorado, after several hours of failed negotiations with the gunman, who had barricaded himself inside.
- The gunman fired shots at police from a second-storey window before he was killed as SWAT officers stormed the building. It is not yet known if officers shot the suspect or if he shot himself.
- Inside the building officers found three other people shot dead.
- One person inside had escaped and alerted authorities.
- Officials notified neighbours of an emergency around 3:00am local time (10:00am GMT) and evacuated several blocks, Aurora police spokeswoman Cassidee Carlson told KUSA-TV.
The fatal shootings in Aurora come six months after a man shot dead 12 people and wounded 58 more at a cinema in the city.
Police in Aurora said four people, including a gunman, are dead after a stand-off at a Colorado home.
Melissa Blasius, a reporter for Colorado's 9 News, has tweeted:
Aurora hostage situation over. Four people dead including gunman. #9NEWS
Aurora PD says one survivor got out of townhouse early this morning. Police say she reported 3 lifeless bodies and gunman. #9NEWS
Aurora PD shot and killed barricaded man about 8:30 a.m. Officers say he had shot at them and would't come out even when tear gassed #9NEWS