Missing Daralston siblings Sophie & Jack were found at Darlaston bus station getting off a bus. A member of the public saw them & called usFrom @WMPolice on Twitter:
BREAKING NEWS: Missing Daralston siblings Sophie & Jack Fletcher found safe & well. More to follow.From @WMPolice on Twitter:
Police have been carrying out extensive enquiries to find the missing siblings. Officers say the search has been complicated with the closure of their school. It's thought the youngsters may try to travel by train to a previous holiday destination in Borth in Wales.
Police say they need help from the public to find them. Anyone with any information should contact police on 101.
– Inspector Stuart Vaughan, Walsall Police
The children have not been missing before and although they have packed clothes and taken money we are very concerned about them, particularly in this cold weather. It is believed they have left on their own accord.
We are continuing to carry out a number of enquiries to try and locate Sophie and Jack and are being supported by a significant number of force resources.
We are now appealing to the public to help us with this search - if you have seen either of the children today or have any information about where they may be, please contact us immediately.
10-year-old Jack Fletcher, who has gone missing with his 12-year-old daughter, has been described by police as:
- 5ft tall, blonde straight hair
- Half-inch scar on his forehead
- Believed to be wearing a black hooded Benzini jacket with bright yellow lettering
- Black ankle boots and a cap with NY on the front
12-year-old Sophie, who has gone missing with her 10-year-old brother, has been described by police as:
- 5'2'' tall with collar length brown hair cut in a bob style and blue eyes
- She is believed to be wearing a leopard print coat
- Her hood that has small ears on it
- She is thought to be wearing purple trousers
Police have issued an urgent appeal to trace two children who have gone missing amid near-freezing temperatures. Sophie Fletcher, 12, and her 10-year-old brother Jack are believed to have left their home in Darlaston, West Midlands, either overnight or early this morning.