One new feature of the Blackberry 10 is the 'TimeShift' adjustment tool on the camera. It allows users to select the frame the camera uses for the shot to ensure the best possible photo.
This can also be done in pictures with several people in the frame as individual faces can be selected before the frame is shifted.
Some of the new features on the Blackberry 10 include:
- The new Blackberry Messenger enables video calling
- The new handset will also enable users to multitask, meaning up to 8 apps can run simultaneously.
- Users are able to share their screen over BBM. Allowing business workers to share and view spreadsheets etc while video chatting.
- The Blackberry 10 has secure work and personal profiles. Companies will be able to set security rules on work. Individual installs apps on the personal profile.
- The Blackberry 10 also features a touchscreen keyboard - a move away from previous models which relied on an actual keyboard below the screen.
During the launch of their newest handsets mobile phone maker Research In Motion (RIM) has announced that it will unify its brand image and be known from now on as 'Blackberry'.
Chief executive Thorsten Heins is reported to have said at the unveiling of the new Blackberry 10 phone, that there will now be, "one consistent brand that is recognised around the world."