- 43 updates
Mr Afzal added his thanks to the victims who "had the bravery to come forward," adding: "This caseclearly shows that the victims of abuse will not be denied justice by thepassage of time and abusers will be held to account.”
Stuart Hall's guilty pleas to follow vociferous public denials of any wrong-doing by the broadcaster.
When the allegations came to light, Hall read out a strident condemnation to reporters in which he labelled the claims as "pernicious, callous, cruel and above all spurious".
He said he had endured "a living nightmare" and but for his "very loving family" may have considered taking his own life.
A spokesperson for the Crown Prosecution Service has described Stuart Hall as an "opportunistic predator" after it was revealed the broadcaster had pleaded guilty to 14 indecent assaults.
He said: "The evidence of the victims clearly established a pattern of behaviour which was unlawful and with no innocent explanation."
He added the victims did not know each other and their evidence was "strikingly similar".
Veteran BBC broadcaster Stuart Hall has admitted indecently assaulting 13 girls, the youngest aged nine.
One count of rape and three other indecent assaults will lie on his file. He will be sentenced on June 17.
Veteran BBC broadcaster Stuart Hall, 18, has pleaded guilty to 14 indecent assaults, relating to 13 girls between 1967 and 1986. The youngest victim was nine years old.
Hall entered the pleas at Preston Crown Court last month but they can only be revealed today after reporting restrictions were lifted.
Veteran BBC broadcaster Stuart Hall has arrived at Preston Crown Court for a pre-trial hearing over allegations of historical sex offences.
Veteran BBC broadcaster Stuart Hall will today appear at a pre-trial hearing over allegations of historic sex offences.
Hall, 83, was initially charged with indecent assaults on three young girls dating between 1974 and 1984.
He then faced additional charges that he raped a woman in the 1970s and committed 14 sexual assaults against 10 further girls between 1967 and 1986.
Hall has strenuously denied any wrongdoing in previous public statements.
Hall will appear at Preston Crown Court from 10am.
Veteran BBC broadcaster Stuart Hall has appeared at a pre-trial hearing in relation to allegations of historic sex offences.
Appearing at Preston Crown Court, the 83-year-old was bailed until his next court date on May 2.
Former TV presenter Stuart Hall has arrived at Preston Crown Court for a plea and case management hearing in relation to allegations of historic sex offences.
Veteran BBC broadcaster Stuart Hall will enter formal pleas today to allegations of historic sex offences.
Hall, 83, was initially charged with three separate indecent assaults of young girls - aged nine, 13 and 16 - dating between 1974 and 1984.
The former It's a Knockout presenter then faced charges that he raped a 22-year-old woman in 1976 and committed 14 sexual assaults against 10 girls - aged from nine to 16 - between 1967 and 1986.
All the allegations will be dealt with at a plea and case management hearing at Preston Crown Court.
Hall indicated not guilty pleas at an earlier hearing before magistrates in February and outside court he strenuously denied any wrongdoing.
Latest ITV News reports
One of Stuart Hall's victims exclusively told ITV News "justice has not been done" after the broadcaster was sentenced to 15 months in jail.
Stuart Hall has been jailed for 15 months after admitting 14 counts of indecent assault, relating to 13 girls aged between nine and 17.