3:42 pm, Sun 24 Feb 2013
Tributes have been paid to a family of three who all died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a caravan park.
The deceased have been named locally as John Cook, 90, his wife Audrey, 86, and their 46-year-old daughter Maureen. A five-year-old Jack Russell called Jannie also died.
Neighbour Sue Issacs, 58, said: "Everyone here is in total shock. You never think that something like this would happen on your own doorstep.
"John, Audrey and Maureen were lovely people. It's so upsetting to think that three members of the same family have been wiped out in one go."
Scores of floral tributes have been left outside the Cook family's bungalow-style mobile home - with one card reading: "The Cook family, rest in peace. So sorry to hear of the tragic news."
8:57 pm, Sat 23 Feb 2013
Camborne Town Council member David Biggs described the incident as an "appalling tragedy".
Tremarle Park is a residential caravan site and has provided homes for people for many years. It's a well established facility and is very well run. It was a shock to learn that three people have died there.
7:15 pm, Sat 23 Feb 2013
The woman was in her mid-40s. The age of her parents is not yet known. An investigation into what caused the deaths is under way, but the incident is not being treated as suspicious.
Shortly before 1pm this afternoon, we were called to a caravan park near Camborne in Cornwall, where a helper had been unable to get a reply from an elderly couple who lived in the caravan.
We were able to see that there was a figure sat in a chair but they were unresponsive to knocks at the door.
Cornwall Fire and Rescue were called. They forced entry into the property and found that the three occupants were all dead.
– Inspector David Eldridge of Devon and Cornwall Police
6:57 pm, Sat 23 Feb 2013
Devon and Cornwall Police has confirmed that a woman and her elderly parents have died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a caravan park in Camborne.
Officers say the alarm was raised at just before 1pm after the couple's helper was unable to reach them.
Firefighters visited the static caravan at Tremarle Home Park and recovered the bodies of three people and a dog from inside.
6:51 pm, Sat 23 Feb 2013
Gas Safe Register suggests that home owners seek assistance if they start to suffer from any of the below symptoms as they maybe suffering the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.
loss of consciousness
6:39 pm, Sat 23 Feb 2013
The Health and Safety Executive has launched an investigation at the Tremarle Home Park in Camborne, Cornwall after
three people and a dog died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.
Carbon monoxide has no taste, smell or colour.
The Gas Safe Register says that the most common cause of carbon monoxide poisoning results from badly fitted or faulty appliances.
6:28 pm, Sat 23 Feb 2013
Three people and a dog have died in a suspected incident of carbon monoxide poisoning in Cornwall, according to Cornwall Fire and Rescue Services.
Tragically, three occupants and one dog have died in what is suspected to be an incident of carbon monoxide poisoning. A crew from Camborne Community Fire Station attended the address with a Hazmat Advisor after a call was received at 1256 hours. The Police and the Health and Safety Executive are now undertaking an investigation to establish the cause at the premise.
– Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service