- 2 updates
- Kevin McGeever is originally from Swinford in County Mayo
- The property tycoon was found with a long beard, hair and nails in January
- He had to be treated for malnutrition when he was found by a motorist
- McGeever lost five stone and said he was abducted at gunpoint in May
- He was reported missing by his partner in June
A former property developer from Ireland who claimed he had been kidnapped for eight months is being held by police on suspicion of wasting their time.
68-year-old Kevin McGeever was found wandering barefoot and looking emaciated close to the Cavan-Leitrim border in January.
The tycoon was arrested at his home yesterday in Co Galway and held on suspicion of wasting police time and making false allegations.