No charges are to be brought against a man arrested in connection with the inquiry into abuse claims made against Jimmy Savile. Former BBC producer Wilfred De'Ath was arrested last year over an allegation of indecent assault on a girl in the 60s.
No action will be taken against one of the suspects arrested by detectives investigating the Jimmy Savile abuse scandal, prosecutors have said.
The Crown Prosecution Service said that there was not enough evidence to charge the man in his seventies who was arrested in Cambridgeshire on November 11.
He is one of 11 people arrested so far under Operation Yewtree.
In this case the complainant made a withdrawal statement, which maintained that the allegations were true, but in which she said that she had made a statement to lend support to any other complainants who might come forward in relation to the same suspect.
The complainant said that as she would be the only complainant to give evidence if the matter went to trial, she did not want to pursue it.
We looked at the possibilities of bringing a prosecution without the evidence of this complainant, but have concluded that there would be insufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction.
The suspect has maintained his innocence throughout.
– Alison Saunders from the Crown Prosecution Service