More than a quarter of parents are being hit by inflated bills because their tech-savy children are downloading apps without their permission, new research shows.
- 8-year-olds are the worst offenders, adding on average £59.59 per month to their parents bill
- 36% of children aged four and under have made purchases without permission.
- 28% of parents say they have been hit by costs they did not expect
- Of these, 83% claim they receive an increased monthly bill
- 14% voiced concerns over affording the increased costs
- 34% say they now hide their phone from their kids